This was the best hotel so far that I’ve stayed in Kyoto!
It was in a unique location directly in the middle of the Kiyomizudera Temple, Sannenzaka, and Ninenzaka.
The hotel was new, modern, clean, super friendly staff, child-friendly, AND had the most amazing rooftop view of the Pagoda.
If you are looking for a boutique-style hotel located in a local area, walking distance to hundreds of temples, popular sightseeing spots, and shops, then I highly recommend staying here!
This hotel is walking distance to the following places:
- Kiyomizudera Temple
- Sannenzaka Steps
- Hokanji Pagoda
- Kodaiji Temple
- Kyoto River
- Mariyama Park
This is fantastic if you want to minimize catching public transport with your kids. You can simply walk everywhere!
It is also convenient if you want to easily go back to the hotel for breaks with your kids in between sightseeing.
My routine was:
- 6:30am – Go out in the early morning with my kids for a walk (this was great to see the sites before the tourists arrived!
- 8:30am – Breakfast at the local cafe
- 9:30am – Rest and play at the hotel
- 11:00am – Early lunch at nearby restaurant. If the kids were happy, I would do another sightseeing spot.
- 12:00noon – Back to the hotel for daytime nap
- 4:00pm – Go outside for another sightseeing spot and early dinner
- 7:00pm – Back to the hotel to rest and sleep
The amazing pagoda of Hokanji Temple could be seen from our room window as well as the rooftop! See the photos below!
It was absolutely amazing.
The rooftop has a high fence with netting around it, so it is also safe for kids!
3. Friendly staff
The staff were super friendly and very kind to my kids. They let me store my pram behind the counter on the ground floor (so I didn’t have to carry it up the stairs to the room).
They also offered me a ground floor apartment, but I chose to stay with the 2nd floor as it had a better view of the pagoda.
The lounge in the entrance is gorgeous and they serve cocktails there in the evening! Perfect place to relax with your kids after a day of sightseeing.