It’s plum blossom season!
The plum blossoms are in full bloom this weekend, so if you are in Tokyo make sure you go to a park to see them!
I find the plum blossoms are not as “fluffy” as cherry blossoms, but they are still beautiful and they always make me SUPER excited that Spring is finally approaching!
I’ve been researching about some parks and playgrounds that are perfect for seeing plum blossoms up close with your kids.
Here are my top 5 picks!
- Hamarikyu Gardens – located in between Hamamatsucho and Shimbashi, this is a beautiful garden that used to be owned by the Imperial family. It is well known for its plum blossoms!
- Kyu Shiba Rikyu Gardens – just around the corner from Hamarikyu Gardens, there is the smaller Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden. It is absolutely stunning and very peaceful (I used to work in Hamamatsucho before I had kids and I would have my lunch in this garden!). I include this garden in one of my itineraries in my Tokyo Guide, which is a special itinerary and map for how to enjoy this area with your baby and stroller in tow. Make sure you get my guide!
- Shinjuku Gyoen – this huge park is well know for both cherry blossoms and plum blossoms. Make sure you visit if you are in the area! This area is also included in my Tokyo Guide!
- Shiba Park – I LOVE this park because it is directly in front of Tokyo Tower! You can enjoy seeing the plum blossoms while your kids run around the park:) You can also enjoy the nearby Zojoji Temple.
- Hanegi Park – this is located in the super popular family suburb called “Setagaya” (perfect to combine this with a trip to Shimo-Kitazawa! It is just one station away). The park has a huge kids maze and playground too, so your kids will love it!
Hope you have fun this season and enjoy the lead up to the cherry blossoms!!! Can’t wait!!!!
2 thoughts on “5 Beautiful Child-Friendly Parks to see Plum Blossoms in Tokyo”
Thank you! We went to the second park this weekend (Kyu Shiba Rikyu Park) and it was so beautiful! I can’t wait for the cherry blossom season! xoxo