This is a stunning designer restaurant often booked for weddings in Kyoto.
Nestled in a huge Japanese garden, it is a very tranquil location and wonderful to relax and have a rest with your baby.
If you are going north of Kyoto Station to Takaragaike Park or Hijirimeisan Rinkyu Temple, or perhaps to a hot spring, this could be a lovely place to stop and have lunch in the beautiful restaurant. It is just a 5min walk from Shugakuin Station.
Make sure you call in advance to check their availability for dining in the restaurant (as it may be booked out for a wedding!).
- Name of restaurant: Kitayama Monolith
- Phone number: 050-5868-6956
- Address: 14-1 Yamabanakawagishicho, Sakyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture
- Address in Japanese: 京都府 京都市左京区 山端川岸町 14-1
- How to get there: 5min walk from Shugakuin Station
- Type of cuisine: Traditional Japanese-style
- Baby-friendly: yes
- Child-seats available: yes
- Diaper-Changing table/space: yes
- Okay to bring your own baby food: yes
- Children’s food available: yes
- Okay to take stroller inside: yes
- Cost: Lunch approx. 3,000-4,000yen, Dinner 6,000-8,000yen
- Time: Lunch 11am-3pm (last order 2pm), Dinner 5:30-9pm (last order 8pm)
- Website link
- Google map link
Photos: Kitayama Monolith