Kyoto Gyoen (Kyoto Imperial Palace) is huge and you are bound to become hungry while you are there!
Luckily, there is a wonderful baby-friendly cafe at the south-end.
Make sure you check the location. The playground is located at the north-end of Kyoto Gyoen, while this cafe is at the south-end, so it might be a good idea to play at the playground in the morning, and then walk to the cafe for an early lunch!
- Name: Cafe Kanade (Japanese: cafe 奏)
- Address: 88 Tachibanacho (Sakaimachidori), Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture
- Address in Japanese: 京都府京都市中京区堺町通丸太町下ル橘町88
- Baby-friendly: yes
- Child-seats available: yes
- Diaper-Changing table/space: yes
- Okay to bring your own baby food: yes
- Children’s food available: yes
- Okay to bring your stroller into the restaurant: yes
- Cost: 1,000-2,000yen
- Time: Lunch 11:00am-3:00pm, Dinner 2:00-7:40pm
- Closed: Every Thursday this cafe is closed. Make sure you also check opening times at New Year period.
- Website link (Cafe’s Facebook page)
- Google map link
Photos: Cafe Kanade