If you are planning to visit Kinkaku-ji, make sure you schedule lunch at this amazing child-friendly restaurant!
It has a beautiful Japanese garden and welcomes families with children.
The restaurant faces the sightseeing road Koromokake no Michi which links Kyoto’s famous tourist attractions Kinkaku-ji (the Temple of the Golden Pavilion) and Ryoan-ji (the Temple of the Dragon at Peace).
The first floor has table seats and ozashiki seating (sitting on cushions on a tatami mat in front of a low table), and the second floor has private rooms with ozashiki seating.
- Name of restaurant: Gontaro
- Location: Near Kinkaku-ji
- Phone number: 075-463-1039
- Address in Japanese: 京都府京都市北区平野宮敷町２６
- How to get there: 30min bus ride from Kawaramachi Station
- Type of cuisine: Traditional Kyoto cuisine (Japanese-style)
- Baby-friendly: yes
- Child-seats available: yes
- Children’s menu available: yes
- Diaper-Changing table/space: no (please ask the staff)
- Okay to bring your own baby food: yes
- Okay to take stroller inside the restaurant: yes
- Cost: approx. 2,000-4,000yen
- Hours: 11am-11pm (last order 9pm), check website as sometimes they change the hours
- Closed: Every Wednesday this restaurant is closed
- Website link
- Google map link