Here are my top recommendations for Tomamu Hoshino Resort!
Tomamu is on the east side of Sapporo (opposite of Niseko), so it is a great resort to visit if you wish to go to a different part of Hokkaido.
Tomamu is very family friendly, with extensive services for children and activities.
Two unique highlights of Tomamu is the spectacular view from the mountain terrace and the huge indoor heated pool which is especially designed for families.
- Kids ski lesson: group lessons available in English for age groups 3-6 and 6-12 years <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/en/ski/academy/ >
- Kids activities: Snow mobile, Snow rafting, Sled park, Night Snow cruising <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/en/activity/ > See more photos on the Japanese website here <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/ski/family/ >
- Other activities: Tomamu has a huge indoor heated pool called “Mina-Minda Beach” that is open all year round <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/en/minamina/ >
- Babysitting service: nursery and kids programs available during the winter season Dec-Mar (age: 2 months – 6 years) <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/hotel/nursery/
- Accommodation – there are 2 hotels in this resort:
- Risonare Tomamu <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/en/hotel/risonare/index.php > – this is the high-end hotel. Each room is over 100 square meters with a sauna and a jacuzzi with a view. There is also a kids room on the lobby floor <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/en/hotel/risonare/facilitiy.php >
- The Tower <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/en/hotel/tower/ > – this hotel is the cheaper option, but it is actually very conveniently located with undercover walkway to the restaurants and facilities. It also has a kids room on the lobby floor <http://www.snowtomamu.jp/winter/en/hotel/tower/facility.php >
- How to get there: 1.5 hours by bus from New Chitose Airport
- Address: Tomamu Hoshino Resort, Yufutsu District, Hokkaido
Photo: Tomamu Resort, This mountain terrace at Tomamu is amazing!!