My top recommendations for Aomori Spring Ski Resort for an amazing family winter holiday!
Aomori Spring Ski Resort http://aomorispringski.com/en/ (formerly called Naqua Shirakami Ski Resort) is located on the northern side of Mount Iwaki in Aomori Prefecture. It has an amazing view of the Sea of Japan from the gondola summit.
If you are looking for a local Japanese resort where you can mingle with the locals, enjoy Japanese culture and cuisine, and have a relaxing time, then this resort is perfect.
You can really get a feel for how local this resort is by the detailed description of their international ski instructors here <http://rockwoodhotel.com/en/ >. Not many ski resort websites have this kind of self introduction of the instructors! It really gives a cute family-feeling to the resort.
- Kids ski lesson: group kids lessons available in English for ages 3-5 years and 6-11 years <http://aomorispringski.com/en/school/ >
- Other activities:
- Rockwood Snow Land is designed for kids to have fun in the snow, with air trampoline, snowshooter, and kids snow mobile <http://aomorispringski.com/en/kids/ >
- Babysitting service: no babysitting service available
- Accommodation – there is 1 hotel option in this resort with an amazing outdoor spa:
- Rockwood Hotel and Spa <http://rockwoodhotel.com/en/ >
- How to get there: about 70 min by car from Aomori Airport (also accessible from Tokyo by train and car, takes about 5 hours)
- Address: Ajigasawa-Kogen, Ajigasawa-Machi, Nishitsugaru-Gun, Aomori 038-2793, Japan
Photo: Aomori Ski Resort