My sister is here visiting and I’ve been so excited with all our new restaurant finds.
We tried to go to Maisen Tonkatsu but it was absolutely packed with a 30min wait, so we wandered the backstreets of Harajuku and found this awesome alternative!
This tonkatsu restaurant is located in a little backstreet in Harajuku and has the tiniest little entrance that you would never realise it is actually a restaurant.
Walk inside and you’ll discover a beautiful wooden interior and you can sit at the long wooden bench and be served directly by the husband and wife owners.
The tonkatsu lunch set was only 1000yen and was possibly the most delicious tonkatsu I’ve ever tasted.
Extra plus is that they are child friendly in that they welcome families, and they even allowed me to bring in my stroller as my kids were sleeping.
(Just make sure you have some yen cash in your wallet as these little restaurants often don’t accept credit card!)
- Restaurant name: Fukuyoshi Tonkatsu
- Phone: 03-3470-5529
- Address: 4-28-24 Jingumae Shibuya Tokyo
- Address in Japanese: 東京都 渋谷区 神宮前 4-28-24
- Location: see map below
- Time: Lunch 11:30～14:00, Dinner 18:00～20:00
- Price: 1,000-2,000 yen
- Child seats: no
- Diaper change table: no (the closest is in Tokyo Plaza 4F, or Omotesando Hills)
- See details of the restaurant here