I have been using the Joolz Geo for 2 months now, and I can truly say it is the most amazing stroller! I have used it every day in Tokyo – on trains, buses, taxis, planes, shopping trips, everything! PLUS taken it with us on our vacation in San Francisco. I would be lost without it!
Here are my 10 reasons why I think Joolz Geo is the best double stroller. If you want to see more details of the Joolz Geo, click here to see my demonstration video.
1. Double stroller. Both toddler and baby can ride the Joolz Geo. This is fantastic, as toddlers usually still take daytime naps and they easily get tired when out and about in Tokyo. Since I started using the Joolz Geo, I find that my toddler and baby will sleep at the same time, which gives me time to have a rest and take a break. This is a very valuable point!
2. Easy to fold. The Joolz Geo is really easy to fold. All I need to do is take out the cot, and the main frame folds down very easily. This is a HUGE factor and makes my day much easier. My house is 15min walk from the station, so I often take a taxi when it is raining or too hot to walk. With the Joolz Geo, it is simple to fold down which makes it stress-free and easy.
3. Good balance. The Joolz Geo is very compact for a double stroller, and the weight is distributed very evenly. Even when I am walking down a steep hill, which is common in Tokyo as it can be quite hilly, I still feel comfortable and feel that I have control over the stroller.
4. Stable. I have heard that some double strollers tend to fall backwards when the toddler gets out of the front seat. This is dangerous if the baby is in the back cot! In my experience of using the Joolz Geo every day in all types of situations, it has never fallen backwards, even when my toddler gets out.
5. Easy to steer. With the air-filled tyres and easy manoeuvrability, it is easy to steer the Joolz Geo through the streets of Tokyo and on public transport.
6. Narrow. The Joolz Geo is much narrower than other double strollers (the width of the Joolz Geo is 60cm). This makes it easy to catch trains, buses, and walk down the aisle in convenience stores or supermarkets.
7. Baby cot. It is super important for a newborn baby to be able to lie flat in a stroller. I think this is a really unique feature of the Joolz Geo. Since I started using the Joolz Geo, my newborn baby has been very happy in the baby cot and she sleeps very well. I also love it that the baby cot can be taken out and used as a bassinet. I often do this at home, at cafes or at the park – I can sit the bassinet next to me, which lets me keep an eye on my baby while also look after my toddler.
8. Changing nappies. Another great feature is that it is possible to change nappies of my newborn baby in the baby cot. This is really a big factor when traveling around Tokyo (and overseas). It means that I can change my baby’s nappy at anytime! Newborn babies require frequent nappy changes, however with a toddler I cannot always go to a nursing room to change her nappy. By having the baby cot, it means I can quickly changer her nappy outside anytime while also looking after my toddler.
9. Weight. The Joolz Geo is light weight for a double stroller. This makes it easier to lift, which is important if I need to carry the pram up stairs or if I need to lift it into the back of the taxi.
10. Options. I really think the Joolz Geo is fantastic with all the options that it offers. You can use the pram with your first newborn baby, toddler, twins, second baby and toddler. There is also a shopping basket that you can put underneath! This wide range of options is very unique, as you can use the Joolz Geo from first baby to second baby, and onto toddlerhood, which could be about 8-10 years or more depending on how close in age your children are. Furthermore there are accessories including baby bag, drink holder, umbrella, and rain cover. Excellent performance!