Does your baby LOVE trains and cars?
When my father (who is a train enthusiast:)) visited us in Japan recently, we all went on a trip to the Hara Model Train Museum and Nissan Global Headquarters car gallery in Yokohama.
It was fantastic!
Even I enjoyed it, particularly because I could sit down and rest and watch the joy that all the trains and cars brought to my son (and also the car gallery had a big Starbucks which is just what I needed!).
So if your boys (or girls:)!) LOVE trains and cars, and you’d like to take them on a fun day trip out of the city, I highly recommend taking them here!
Hara Model Railway Museum:
- See English Website for details and holidays
- Open: 11am-6pm (closed on Tuesdays. If Tuesday is a national holiday, the museum will close the day after)
- Address: 1-1-2 Takashima, Nishi Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0011
- Cost: Adults 1,000yen, babies free
- Baby facilities: Nappy change table available in the all-access toilet, PLUS baby play area inside the museum
- How to get there?: See map below
Nissan Global Headquarters Gallery:
- Open: 10am-8pm
- Address: 1-1-1 Takashima, Nishi Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-8686
- Cost: Free
- Baby facilities: Baby play area inside the museum
- How to get there?: See map below (it is located right next to the Hara Model Railway Museum building)
Do you have other ideas for a great father and son day out in Tokyo? Please let me know in the comments below:)!