Unfortunately this birth house has now closed (2019/4/30).
My sister-in-law is pregnant with her second baby and is planning to give birth at Aqua Birth House, located in Setagaya-ku in Tokyo. I had heard a lot about this birth house since 2 years ago when I was pregnant, as it is the only place that offers water birth in Tokyo, AND the owner speaks fluent English. My sister-in-law is going there for her regular prenatal checkups, so she kindly let me interview her and arranged for a tour by the midwives! Thank you Izumi!
- Natural birth and water birth available
- Owner (midwife) speaks English
- Fantastic birth house if you are looking for a natural birth
- LOTS of birth plans and options available
- Father can cut the chord and play an active part in the birth (children can also participate)
- After birth, mother and baby (and family if you wish) can stay in the family room on 3rd Floor for 5 days (4 nights)
- Food is Japanese style, however they are able to cater to your individual needs if you have special requirements
- Clinic (hospital) is arranged in advance in case of emergency (if there is an emergency or your birth is overdue, you will be transferred to the clinic)
- For more information see website!