Today’s guest chef Anna-Marie and her beautiful 15 month old baby Siena show us how to make baby cupcakes! The recipe is super healthy, with no added sugar or oil. The natural sweetness and flavour comes from 100% apple juice and plain yoghurt, as well as the grated carrot and yummy raisins. A perfect nutritious snack for babies around 12 months old and up. Thank you Anna-Marie!!!
What you need:
- 80g (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Apple juice
- 1/4 cup Plain yoghurt (full-cream, no sugar)
- 1/2 Carrot (grated)
- 1 large bowl, 1 medium bowl, whisk, grater, teaspoon, cooking scales, cup measurer, cupcake holders, oven
How to make:
- Grate the carrot.
- Prepare the dry ingredients – place 80g all-purpose flour in medium size bowl, add 1 tsp Baking powder, and stir with a whisk.
- Prepare the liquid ingredients – whisk egg in large bowl. Add 1/4 cup Apple juice and 1/4 cup plain yoghurt and mix together with the whisk.
- Add dry ingredients (2), grated carrot (1) and small handful of raisins to (3) and mix.
- Pour mixture into cupcake holders and bake at 180 degrees celcius for 15 min.
Extra hints explained by Anna-Marie on the video:
- This recipe uses 1/4 cup Apple juice and 1/4 cup yoghurt, but it is also possible to use 1/2 cup Apple juice instead, or substitute with 1/2 cup milk if you prefer. Just try to maintain the amount of liquid at 1/2 cup and they should be fine!
- Anna-Marie uses colourful silicon cupcake holders which can be bought at any 100yen shop in Japan from the obento section (about set of 4 for 100 yen). They are a perfect size for babies, and also easy to use and clean. Note that the cupcakes will not brown so much in the silicon holders, so if you’d like to check that they are cooked just skewer them with a toothpick (it should come out dry if the cupcakes are ready)!