I went to the Meguro City Hall today to pick up my new Alien card, and took the opportunity to visit their kids play area and nursing rooms. These are actually the only nursing areas available in the Naka-Meguro area that I know of (the next closest nursing rooms are in Daikanyama).
Kids play area (2F):
– Managed by two ladies who greet you when you come in
– Play area was quite big with lots of toys and a little slide – they also have story-telling and other activities each month to entertain the kids
– Private toilet with baby change table
– Nursing room was a makeshift room made by pulling the curtain across where the sink is. Not the most convenient space, but did the trick!
Private nursing room (2F, next to the Hoikuen information counter):
– Cot for changing nappy/resting baby
My Rating – 2/10 (the kids play area was great, but the nursing rooms could do with an upgrade! But not bad when in need:))
Below are some photos and a copy of the guide in English.
You might also like:
Roppongi Hills baby nursing rooms
Mitsukoshi Ginza baby nursing rooms
Shinjuku Baby Rooms
To see all Tokyo Urban Baby movies and YouTube tutorials see:
Tokyo Urban Baby channel on YouTube