Happy New Year!
Are you in Tokyo with your kids and just realized that all the museums are closed during the New Year period?!
Here are 5 great places that are still open:
1. Meiji Shrine in Harajuku – one of the most famous shrines in Tokyo for making a wish for the New Year (my favorite shrine!!)
2. Emperor’s speech at the Emperor’s Palace on 2nd Jan (one of only 2 days in the year that you can enter the Palace gardens)
3. Tokyo National Museum in Ueno opens from 2nd January
4. Anpanman Museum in Yokohama opens from 2nd January
5. Tokyo Tower – open all year round and fantastic views of the city and Mt Fuji (winter is the best time to see it!)
Have a wonderful holiday in Tokyo!